Alter Ego Bikes Warranty Terms & Conditions
We understand that components can wear out and can be damaged by accident, neglect or misuse, so those things aren’t covered, but if we can, we’ll fix them for a reasonable fee.
We have the one of the best warranties in the business, so you can buy with confidence knowing that you'll be looked after whether you in or out of the warranty period!
OUR WARRANTY POLICY (AE BRAND PRODUCTS ONLY):
Alter Ego Electric Bikes, and Adrenaline Kick is owned and operated by Alter Ego Recreation Company Inc. of Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. Alter Ego Recreation Company Inc. will be referred to as AERC for the remainder of this document.
AERC warranties to the original owner of each 'NEW' electric bike, when purchased directly from ALTEREGOBIKES.COM, or authorized reseller as determined by AERC, to be complete and that the following components will be free from manufacturer defects for the period indicated below.
LIFETIME FRAME WARRANTY - AE BIKES ONLY
AERC bicycle frames are covered by a lifetime replacement warranty for the original retail purchaser.
This warranty includes a replacement frame only. Labor charges to changeover parts to replacement frame are not included. Changeover labor must be performed by AE or AE authorized Service Center.
AERC reserves the right to use scratch and dent stock when replacing a frame under this warranty. Frame styles and/or colors not in stock may be replaced with a compatible style and/or color at the discretion of AERC. In the event that a compatible frame replacement is not available, we will issue a refund of up to $200 in lieu of a frame replacement OR a credit of up to $400 that can be used towards a replacement bike or scooter at www.alteregobikes.com (your choice).
Frame issues that are excluded from this warranty include but are not limited to:
- Paint fade, scratches, impact marks
- Impact damage
- Non reversible modification (drilling/welding)
- Chain guard mount to the frame if applicable
Mechanical Components: Forks, Suspension, Stem, Handlebar, Headset, Seat Post, Saddle, Brake Levers, Bottom Bracket, Crank Set, Pedals, Rims, Spokes, Wheel Hub, Freewheel, Cassette, Derailleur, Shifter, Kickstand.
High-Tech Components Include
- LCD Display Panel
- LED Headlight
- Lithium Battery
- Speed / Torque Sensor
- Electric Motor
Water damage and batteries that have been left to self-discharge for an extended period of time are not covered by the terms of the warranty. Warranty inspection will be required for all returned batteries.
The life expectancy of a Lithium battery is several years (approx. 700-1000 charge cycles). If the battery has not been used for a prolonged period of time (more than 3 months), it is possible that the battery loses its capacities or no longer works. Make sure to charge your battery and to use your electric bicycle on a regular basis. Charging your battery on a regular basis is not enough to maintain good battery health, it must be used on the electric bicycle to maximize its longevity.
Water damage, overheated motors and motor failure due to wire damage and axle spin-out are not covered by the terms of the warranty.
Pro-Rated Warranty Table:We will always submit a claim to have your parts covered 100% by the factory within the first 2 YEARS of ownership. If we are unable to have them fully covered, the pro-rated table will kick in.
NEW AE E-BIKE WARRANTY TERMS:
|TERM||WE PAY||YOU PAY|
from Date of Delivery
One Way Parts Shipping
100% Labor if done at our shop
One Way Parts Shipping
(Only if done at another shop)
from Date of Delivery
|50% Parts||50% Parts
100% Parts Shipping
|MECHANICAL COMPONENTS||30 Days|
CLEARANCE (Clearance Definitions)
Clearance: 6 Months
Clearance: 7-12 Months
|MECHANICAL COMPONENTS: 30 Days||
100% Parts Shipping
100% Labor if done at our shop
(only if done at another shop)
|FRAME: 1 Year||100% Parts||100% Labor|
*In some rare situations, we may require your bike or scooter to be sent to our facility for diagnosis and repair. The cost of shipping will be the responsibility of the customer unless AE has agreed otherwise in writing . Warranty parts will only be shipped within Canada. Delivery of the defective products or parts for repair or replacement to our service shop is the customer’s responsibility. Import duties and/or taxes of the shipped replacement parts are the sole responsibility of the customer.
- The warranty was not properly registered within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase by the purchaser of the Product.
- The logos and/or the serial number on the Product has been modified, defaced, removed, tempered with or is illegible.
- The product was involved in an accident or collision.
- The product was stolen & recovered.
- If odometer reading is over 3,000km.
- Normal wear and tear of any covered component or consumable parts, including but not limited to the tires, inner-tubes, the kickstands, the saddles, the handlebars, the brake pads, the cable harnesses, the housing, the brake levers, the chains, and the mudguards;
- Minor imperfections and/or deviations from design specifications that do not materially alter the functionality of the Product;
- Any damage or defect resulting from, but not limited to the user's misuse, neglect, abuse, alterations, modification, improper assembly and/or damage to the product due to failure to follow instructions correctly provided by the user manuals; riding on dirt or uneven surfaces, damage due to excessive sun exposure, and damage caused by impact, damage caused by use in contravention of local law, or damage caused by anything other than defects in material and workmanship;
- Cosmetic damage on accessories that are sent free of charge for repair, replacement or other customer service purposes are not covered by the Return policy and will not be accepted for replacement or compensation;
- Scratches on the product caused by loose accessories during shipping;
- Protective coatings that develop wear and tear over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, broken plastic on ports, and tire deformation due to expansion and contraction from temperature changes;
- Any damage or defect caused in an accident or by use with a third-party component or product that does not meet our product specifications (please refer to the technical specifications section on the purchase page of each product);
- Any damage or defect caused by heavy exposure to water, improper storage, fire, liquid contact, earthquakes, or other external causes;
- Invoice inconsistency;
- If AERC receives information from relevant public authorities that the product has been stolen and you cannot prove in any way that you are the authorized user of the product (e.g. receipt, invoice, or payment information for the product);
- Batteries are not under warranty when there is damage resulting from power surges, use of an improper charger, improper maintenance or other such misuses, normal wear or water damage, and normal battery deterioration, including the gradual decrease of battery capacity over the warranty period.
- Cosmetic damage to the outer surface/ finishing and external parts of the Product, including without limitation cracks, dents or scratches on the Product’s exterior;
- Deterioration of the Product due to normal wear and tear;
- Defect or damage arising from any of the following:
b) Improper follow-up maintenance;
c) Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the product as sold;
d) Damage or failure due to accident, falls, misuse, abuse, or neglect;
e) Alterations of the product or the specifications (e.g. paintwork, changes of the geometry/proportions, inadmissible add-on parts etc.)
f) Repair or maintenance by unauthorized dealer or workshop
(i) repair the Product(s) using either new or refurbished parts,
(ii) replace the Product(s) with a refurbished Product(s) that is equivalent to the Product(s) to be replaced, or
(iii) refund to you all or part of the purchase price of the Product(s) less an admin fee of $100.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the warranty expressly provided herein is the sole and exclusive warranty provided in connection with the Product and no other warranties, representations, endorsements or conditions of any kind, whether oral, written, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation, any implied warranties of quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties against hidden or latent defects, are provided. In so far as any warranties cannot be excluded, such warranties shall be limited to the terms herein.
3. Not withstanding any provision to the contrary in this warranty or in any other agreement between AERC and you, except in respect of death or personal injury caused by AERC's negligence, AERC shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, for any indirect, special, or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of AERC, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Product or its use or resale by you, and the entire liability of AERC under or in connection with its contract with you shall not exceed the actual price paid for the purchase of the Product.
4. Without limitation to the foregoing, you shall assume all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to you and your property and to any third parties and their properties arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the Product not caused directly by AERC's negligence. You agree to indemnify AERC against any loss, damages, costs and expenses arising out of or in connection with any claims or demand so arising.
5. You acknowledge that having read the terms herein in detail, you agree that AERC's exclusions and limitations of liability are reasonable in the circumstances.
6. This warranty shall be governed by the laws of British Columbia. AERC and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia.
7. We pride ourselves in being respectful, kind, patient, friendly, and all other pleasant terms that could fit in the mix, and it is critical that those things are returned to our team by customers. We understand that often times when you call/email customer support it is because something may have gone wrong or there is an issue (which is the worst!). We also understand that often times these potential issues cause frustration and even sometimes anger, but, we will NOT tolerate rude/vulgar language towards our staff. We will offer a warning if this occurs, after that we do reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, issue refunds, void warranties, or cancel orders at our sole discretion. If this decision is made it is final and cannot be undone.
8. This Warranty is not transferable.
9. Warranty is only valid in Canada.
10. Credit Card Chargebacks: If any ebike purchase becomes subject to a credit card chargeback in any amount, and you are still in possession of the ebike, then this Warranty shall be invalidated until the credit card chargeback has been resolved.
11. A deposit may be required to replace the LCD display, motor, controller, and/or battery, which will be refunded in full upon receiving the parts that need to be replaced.
12. AERC WILL NOT REPLACE ANY COVERED COMPONENT UNDER THIS WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED COVERED COMPONENT.
13. AERC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Maintenance Requirements: Proper maintenance, as with any other bicycle or vehicle, is required. A warranty claim may not be considered without proper maintenance records. Product is intended for use on paved roadways, and bike paths. Regular tuneups are required for your safety and to keep the warranty active. A minimum of ONE tuneup per year is required based on light use.
Follow this link for more details on proper maintenance.
AN INITIAL 'NEW BIKE' TUNE-UP IS REQUIRED ON ALL ELECTRIC BIKES WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR BIKE AND NO MORE THAN 100KM.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR CONCERNS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US IN WRITING TO:
BY EMAIL: email@example.com
Alter Ego Electric Bikes
Attn: Warranty & Service
30799 Simpson Road
- Click here to Fill out a Service Ticket
- We will respond within 2 business days - please note that we will only review Service Tickets that have completed electronically via link above.
- The more details you provide, the faster we will be able to help.
CURRENT AERC MODELS
- Sidekick Folding Series
- Rebel Series
- Trakker Series
- Freedom Commuter Series
OTHER BRANDS WE SELL:
FOR ADRENALINE KICK SCOOTER WARRANTY TERMS, CLICK HERE
FOR EUNORAU E-BIKE WARRANTY TERMS, CLICK HEREMario Ebike (2020) - for all Mario related issues, please contact the Mario factory directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not administer warranty or service for Mario Ebike.