E-Bike Warranty Terms & Conditions
FOR ADRENALINE KICK SCOOTER WARRANTY TERMS, CLICK HERE
We understand that components can wear out and can be damaged by accident, neglect or misuse, so those things aren’t covered, but if we can, we’ll fix them for a reasonable fee.
We have the one of the best warranties in the business, so you can buy with confidence knowing that you'll be looked after whether you in or out of the warranty period!
OUR WARRANTY POLICY (NEW AE BRAND PRODUCTS ONLY):
Alter Ego Electric Bikes, and Adrenaline Kick is owned and operated by Alter Ego Recreation Company Inc. of Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. Alter Ego Recreation Company Inc. will be referred to as AERC for the remainder of this document.
AERC warranties to the original owner of each 'NEW' electric bike, when purchased directly from ALTEREGOBIKES.COM, or authorized reseller as determined by AERC, to be complete and that the following components will be free from manufacturer defects for the period indicated below.
LIFETIME FRAME WARRANTY - EBIKES ONLY
AERC bicycle frames are covered by a lifetime replacement warranty for the original retail purchaser.
This warranty includes a replacement frame only. Labor charges to changeover parts to replacement frame are not included. Changeover labor must be performed by AERC.
AERC reserves the right to use scratch and dent stock when replacing a frame under this warranty. Frame styles and/or colors not in stock may be replaced with a compatible style and/or color at the discretion of AERC. In the event that a compatible frame replacement is not available, we will issue a refund of up to $200 in lieu of a frame replacement OR a credit of up to $400 that can be used towards a replacement bike or scooter at www.alteregobikes.com (your choice).
Frame issues that are excluded from this warranty include but are not limited to:
- Paint fade, scratches, impact marks
- Impact damage
- Non reversible modification (drilling/welding)
- Chain guard mount to the frame if applicable
High-Tech Components Include
- LCD Display Panel (Up to 24 months)
- Controller (Up to 24 months)
- LED Headlight (Up to 24 months)
- Lithium Battery (Up to 24 months)
- Throttle (Up to 24 months)
- Speed / Torque Sensor (Up to 24 months)
- Electric Motor (Up to 24 months)
Water damage and batteries that have been left to self-discharge for an extended period of time are not covered by the terms of the warranty. Warranty inspection will be required for all returned batteries.
The life expectancy of a Lithium battery is 2 to 5 years (approx. 700-1000 charge cycles). If the battery has not been used for a prolonged period of time (more than 3 months), it is possible that the battery loses its capacities or no longer works. Make sure to charge your battery and to use your electric bicycle on a regular basis. Charging your battery on a regular basis is not enough to maintain good battery health, it must be used on the electric bicycle to maximize its longevity.
Water damage, overheated motors and motor failure due to wire damage and axle spin-out are not covered by the terms of the warranty.
Pro-Rated Warranty Table:We will always submit a claim to have your parts covered 100% by the factory within the first 2 YEARS of ownership. If we are unable to have them fully covered, the pro-rated table will kick in.
E-BIKE WARRANTY TERMS:
|NEW ALTER EGO E-BIKES||WE PAY||YOU PAY|
12 MONTHS / 3,000KM
from Date of Delivery
100% Parts Shipping
100% Labor if done at our shop
(Only if done at another shop)
13-18 MONTHS / 3,000KM
from Date of Delivery
50% Parts Shipping
50% Parts Shipping
19-24 MONTHS / 3,000KM
CLEARANCE, REFURBISHED, DEMO BIKES, OPEN BOX, NON AE BRAND
3 Months / 3,000KM
4-12 Months / 3,000KM
*In some rare situations, we may require your bike or scooter to be sent to our facility for diagnosis and repair. The cost of shipping will be the responsibility of the customer. Warranty parts will only be shipped within Canada. Delivery of the defective products or parts for repair or replacement to our service shop is the customer’s responsibility.
- The warranty was not properly registered within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase by the purchaser of the Product; or
- The logos and/or the serial number on the Product has been modified, defaced, removed, tempered with or is illegible.
- The product was involved in an accident or collision.
- The product was stolen & recovered.
- If odometer reading is over 3,000km
- Minor imperfections and/or deviations from design specifications that do not materially alter the functionality of the Product;
- Cosmetic damage to the outer surface/ finishing and external parts of the Product, including without limitation cracks, dents or scratches on the Product’s exterior;
- Deterioration of the Product due to normal wear and tear;
- Any parts that naturally and are expected to suffer wear and tear, including without limitation, tires, brake pads, callipers, handlebar grips, crankset, chain, saddles, pedals, dropouts, and bearings;
- Water damage and batteries that have been left to self-discharge for an extended period of time are not covered by the terms of the warranty.
- Defect or damage arising from any of the following:
b) Improper follow-up maintenance;
c) Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the product as sold;
d) Damage or failure due to accident, falls, misuse, abuse, or neglect;
e) Alterations of the product or the specifications (e.g. paintwork, changes of the geometry/proportions, inadmissible add-on parts etc.); or
f) Repair or maintenance by unauthorized dealer or workshop
- Except where otherwise expressly provided, the terms and conditions of the warranty are embodied herein and supersedes and cancels in all respects any other previous agreements, statements and undertakings made by AERC, if any, with respect to subject matter hereof (whether such be written or oral).
- The total aggregate amount covered in this warranty is 2/3 (66.6%) of the purchase price of your ebike or scooter (before taxes and shipping) or to a maximum of $1,250 (whichever is less).
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the warranty expressly provided herein is the sole and exclusive warranty provided in connection with the Product and no other warranties, representations, endorsements or conditions of any kind, whether oral, written, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation, any implied warranties of quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties against hidden or latent defects, are provided. In so far as any warranties cannot be excluded, such warranties shall be limited to the terms herein.
- Not withstanding any provision to the contrary in this warranty or in any other agreement between AERC and you, except in respect of death or personal injury caused by AERC's negligence, AERC shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, for any indirect, special, or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of AERC, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Product or its use or resale by you, and the entire liability of AERC under or in connection with its contract with you shall not exceed the actual price paid for the purchase of the Product.
- Without limitation to the foregoing, you shall assume all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to you and your property and to any third parties and their properties arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the Product not caused directly by AERC's negligence. You agree to indemnify AERC against any loss, damages, costs and expenses arising out of or in connection with any claims or demand so arising.
- You acknowledge that having read the terms herein in detail, you agree that AERC's exclusions and limitations of liability are reasonable in the circumstances.
- This warranty shall be governed by the laws of British Columbia. AERC and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia.
We pride ourselves in being respectful, kind, patient, friendly, and all other pleasant terms that could fit in the mix, and it is critical that those things are returned to our team by customers. We understand that often times when you call/email customer support it is because something may have gone wrong or there is an issue (which is the worst!). We also understand that often times these potential issues cause frustration and even sometimes anger, but, we will NOT tolerate rude/vulgar language towards our staff. We will offer a warning if this occurs, after that we do reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, issue refunds, void warranties, or cancel orders at our sole discretion. If this decision is made it is final and cannot be undone.
- This Warranty is not transferable.
- AERC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Maintenance Requirements: Proper maintenance, as with any other bicycle or vehicle, is required. A warranty claim may not be considered without proper maintenance records. Product is intended for use on paved roadways, and bike paths. Regular tuneups are required for your safety and to keep the warranty active. A minimum of ONE tuneup per year is required based on light use.
Follow this link for more details on proper maintenance.
AN INITIAL 'NEW BIKE' TUNE-UP IS REQUIRED ON ALL ELECTRIC BIKES WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR BIKE AND NO MORE THAN 100KM.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR CONCERNS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US IN WRITING TO:
BY EMAIL: email@example.com
Alter Ego Bikes Warranty
30721 Simpson Road
- Fill out a Service Ticket
- We will respond within 2 business days
OUR AE BRANDED MODELS
- Sidekick Folding Series
- Rebel Retro Series
- Trakker All Terrain Series
- Adrenaline Kick Scooters
- Renegade Cafe Racer
- Tofino Beach Cruiser
NON-AE BRANDED MODELS THAT WE REPRESENT(ED):
- Mercane E-Scooters
- EZ Mover
- Mario Ebike (2020) - for all Mario related issues, please contact the Mario factory directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not administer warranty or service for Mario Ebike.