We understand that components can wear out and can be damaged by accident, neglect or misuse, so those things aren’t covered, but if we can, we’ll fix them for a reasonable fee.
Mechanical Components: No coverage
Forks, Suspension, Stem, Handlebar, Headset, Seat Post, Saddle, Brake Levers, Bottom Bracket, Crank Set, Pedals, Rims, Spokes, Wheel Hub, Freewheel, Cassette, Derailleur, Shifter, Kickstand.
High-Tech Components Include:
- LCD Display Panel
- LED Headlight
- Lithium Battery
- Speed / Torque Sensor
- Electric Motor
Water damage and batteries that have been left to self-discharge for an extended period of time are not covered by the terms of the warranty. Warranty inspection will be required for all returned batteries.
The life expectancy of a Lithium battery is 2 to 5 years (approx. 700-1000 charge cycles). If the battery has not been used for a prolonged period of time (more than 3 months), it is possible that the battery loses its capacities or no longer works. Make sure to charge your battery and to use your electric bicycle on a regular basis. Charging your battery on a regular basis is not enough to maintain good battery health, it must be used on the electric bicycle to maximize its longevity.
Water damage, overheated motors and motor failure due to wire damage and axle spin-out are not covered by the terms of the warranty.
from Date of Delivery
100% Parts Shipping
100% Labor if done at our shop
|2 - 3 MONTHS
from date of delivery
- The warranty was not properly registered. To register, please go to https://alteregobikes.com/pages/register.
- The logos and/or the serial number on the Product has been modified, defaced, removed, tempered with or is illegible.
- The product was involved in an accident or collision.
- The product was stolen & recovered.
- If odometer reading is over 3,000km.
- Minor imperfections and/or deviations from design specifications that do not materially alter the functionality of the Product;
- Cosmetic damage to the outer surface/ finishing and external parts of the Product, including without limitation cracks, dents or scratches on the Product’s exterior;
- Deterioration of the Product due to normal wear and tear;
- After 30 days, any parts that naturally and are expected to suffer wear and tear, including without limitation, tires, brake pads, callipers, handlebar grips, crankset, chain, saddles, pedals, dropouts, and bearings;
- Any damage or defect caused by heavy exposure to water, improper storage, fire, liquid contact, earthquakes, or other external causes;
- Batteries that have been left to self-discharge for an extended period of time are not covered by the terms of the warranty.
- Defect or damage arising from any of the following:
b) Improper follow-up maintenance;
c) Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the product as sold;
d) Damage or failure due to accident, falls, misuse, abuse, or neglect;
e) Alterations of the product or the specifications (e.g. paintwork, changes of the geometry/proportions, inadmissible add-on parts etc.)
f) Repair or maintenance by unauthorized dealer or workshop
- Except where otherwise expressly provided, the terms and conditions of the warranty are embodied herein and supersedes and cancels in all respects any other previous agreements, statements and undertakings made by AERC, if any, with respect to subject matter hereof (whether such be written or oral).
- The total aggregate amount covered in this warranty is 2/3 (66.6%) of the purchase price of your electric bike (before taxes and shipping) or to a maximum of $1,250 (whichever is less).
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the warranty expressly provided herein is the sole and exclusive warranty provided in connection with the Product and no other warranties, representations, endorsements or conditions of any kind, whether oral, written, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation, any implied warranties of quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties against hidden or latent defects, are provided. In so far as any warranties cannot be excluded, such warranties shall be limited to the terms herein.
- Not withstanding any provision to the contrary in this warranty or in any other agreement between AERC and you, except in respect of death or personal injury caused by AERC's negligence, AERC shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, for any indirect, special, or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of AERC, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Product or its use or resale by you, and the entire liability of AERC under or in connection with its contract with you shall not exceed the actual price paid for the purchase of the Product.
- Without limitation to the foregoing, you shall assume all risk and liability for loss, damage or injury to you and your property and to any third parties and their properties arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the Product not caused directly by AERC's negligence. You agree to indemnify AERC against any loss, damages, costs and expenses arising out of or in connection with any claims or demand so arising.
- You acknowledge that having read the terms herein in detail, you agree that AERC's exclusions and limitations of liability are reasonable in the circumstances.
- This warranty shall be governed by the laws of British Columbia. AERC and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia.
- We pride ourselves in being respectful, kind, patient, friendly, and all other pleasant terms that could fit in the mix, and it is critical that those things are returned to our team by customers. We understand that often times when you call/email customer support it is because something may have gone wrong or there is an issue (which is the worst!). We also understand that often times these potential issues cause frustration and even sometimes anger, but, we will NOT tolerate rude/vulgar language towards our staff. We will offer a warning if this occurs, after that we do reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, issue refunds, void warranties, or cancel orders at our sole discretion. If this decision is made it is final and cannot be undone.
- This Warranty is not transferable.
- Credit Card Chargebacks: If any ebike purchase becomes subject to a credit card chargeback in any amount, and you are still in possession of the ebike, then this Warranty shall be invalidated until the credit card chargeback has been resolved.
- A deposit may be required to replace the LCD display, motor, controller, and/or battery, which will be refunded in full upon receiving the parts that need to be replaced.
- AERC WILL NOT REPLACE ANY COVERED COMPONENT UNDER THIS WARRANTY WITHOUT FIRST SEEING PHOTOS OR VIDEO OF THE DAMAGED COVERED COMPONENT.
- AERC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Maintenance Requirements: Proper maintenance, as with any other bicycle or vehicle, is required. A warranty claim may not be considered without proper maintenance records. Product is intended for use on paved roadways, and bike paths. Regular tuneups are required for your safety and to keep the warranty active. A minimum of ONE tuneup per year is required based on light use.
Follow this link for more details on proper maintenance.
AN INITIAL 'NEW BIKE' TUNE-UP IS REQUIRED ON ALL ELECTRIC BIKES WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR BIKE AND NO MORE THAN 100KM.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR CONCERNS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US IN WRITING TO:
BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alter Ego Electric Bikes
Attn: Warranty & Service
30799 Simpson Road
- Click here to Fill out a Service Ticket
- We will respond within 1 business day - please note that we will only review Service Tickets that have completed electronically via link above.
- The more details you provide, the faster we will be able to help.